12 Temples in North and South America continent and Asia added to phase 2 reopening – 1 Honduras temple reopening for Phase 1
Each week the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints helps its members know which temples will be reopening for temple worship. This week, the church is reopening 12 temples for phase 2 and 1 temple for phase 1.
This reopening will move the number of phase one temple from 148 to 149. Phase two will rise from 109 to 121. This addition will start working again on October 19, 2020.
This move will give more Latter-day Saints the opportunity to visit the temples to perform saving ordinances.
Below is the temple to reopen on October 19, 2020 for phase 1:
- Tegucigalpa Honduras Temple
Below are the temples to reopen on October 19, 2020 for phase 2:
- Ciudad Juárez Mexico Temple
- Colonia Juárez Chihuahua Mexico Temple
- Columbia River Washington Temple
- Fresno California Temple
- Fukuoka Japan Temple
- Hermosillo Sonora Mexico Temple
- Oaxaca Mexico Temple
- Sacramento California Temple
- Seattle Washington Temple
- Spokane Washington Temple
- Tuxtla Gutiérrez Mexico Temple
- Veracruz Mexico Temple